The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UserSpice 4.2 Alpha Released - Now with social logins!
Check out the latest Alpha, which is a bridge to 5.0. We're not releasing a 4.1 to 4.2 update for the alpha version, but one will be available for final release. Feel free to install 4.2 and play with it. Note that the main reason social logins were never integrated in the past is that there is setup that needs to be done on the user's side in order for them to work.

Documentation is here http://userspice.org/documentation-social-logins/ to guide you through the process. Expect about 10 minutes of config for each Facebook and Google. The good news is that you can use the same keys you generate on the final release of 4.2.

Integration is kind of cool. On many sites, when you create a "traditional" account, you're locked into that login method from there on out. If you try to login with a social login, it just creates a new account. UserSpice has solved that. Regardless of whether you login traditionally, via Facebook, or via Google, your user will have ONE account and the permissions will transfer regardless of how the user signed in.

Some things could be cleaned up a little bit on the code side, but it does function nicely.

A few notes: Most people when they start developing with something like that are going to go crazy signing in from a bunch of accounts and manually removing users from the database. That's fine, but after spending a fair bit of time developing this, my suggestion would be to do your tests in incognito or private browsing mode. Also, feel free to go into Google and Facebook (as the end user) to "revoke" your sign in privileges on your own site. That will give you more of a real world experience.
I pushed out a 4.2 Alpha 2 patch to fix a bug that may affect some live servers (path error).

I also updated the live demo, so you can play with the social integration without installing. Check out http://userspice.org/demo
nice Tongue
Is this bug-free enough for production?
It works well. I accidentally reintroduced a few bugs that were fixed in 4.1.5, so there are a few bugs. The bigger issue is whether or not we decide to move all the new functionality into 5.0 and keep 4.1 without the social stuff or keep going with an official 4.2 release.

At this point I would do production work on 4.1.5 because you absolutely know it will continue to be patched and still upgradeable to 5. I can't say the same thing for the alpha.