The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permissions for manually added users
I believe there is a bug when you manually add an admin user from the admin panel. I am using 4.1.5 and when you add an administrator the new user cannot login properly as they get created with only Administrator permission and not User permission too (took me a while to figure that out).

Is there a way to automatically add the User permission as well when you create a new Administrator (or, more generally, add multiple permissions for a manually added user)? Ideally, since you are specifying the user type when creating the user the permissions assigned should match the user type.
That would be a bug and oversight on our part.

How do you think that functionality SHOULD work? Another option to keep it clean is to make the type of user always be a regular user, and then anyone else that needs promotion could be done using the normal users panel. It would be quite a bit more work, messy, and duplicate some functionality to provide the full range of permissions possibilities in the present method, since the capability is already there and more granular directly at the user level.

Let us know what you think and that can help direct the choice of patch/fix.
I think that makes sense to make manually added users always be regular users and then the admin can add permissions as needed by editing the user. Perhaps a simple message upon successful user creation like, "User added successfully. Remember to add extra permissions if needed!". Or maybe you could redirect upon the form submit to the edit user page of the just created user so then the admin can review what they entered and add permissions. That may be cumbersome if you are adding many users though and most users will be regular users most likely.
That is sorta where we are headed with UserSpice 5...there is a separate page for manually adding users, and there will be the option of uploading a CSV file with many users and have them all created in one shot. From a use case, I can't see people going bananas to add Administrators so I don't think elevated permissions need to be done from that page. But if someone has a compelling reason for it, then we are all ears.
I wrote a fix for this that is going out in 4.1.6. Thanks so much for the feedback!