The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
admin_user loses edits
When editing a user in admin_user.php, if you violate the validation constraints then the value goes back to what is in the database. I would expect that the form would hold onto whatever edits I made and just report the errors.
This form also has kind of a funky way of checking each individual field and saving it to the database and then going on to the next one. Is there a reason for this? It seems like users would normally want their changes to be all-or-nothing saved...
Yeah, form validation isn't consistent in some cases. In some cases edited values are preserved, in others it appears not. I *think* I have that resolved in US5, but I don't recall to be honest. I went through each page and tried to make some things consistent, that I didn't document, but I also may have missed some. I think the US5 codebase is where the biggest changes will be "permitted" and welcome.

That said, if it can be done in such a way to ensure no compatibility issues, then some of those changes *could* be made in the 4.x codebase, but that assurance is difficult to obtain...

Thoughts?
I'm not sure how to help re US5 - just the logistics seem a bit impossible.

If there were a US5 branch in github being updated regularly...? Then I could keep up-to-date on the changes you are making and make suggestions/PRs/etc. As it is I'm a little nervous to make any changes because it feels like me submitting a change would be a bit of a nightmare to implement - was I changing from the source code as it was on the Sept 27 or from the changes that you made on Oct 1 - that sort of thing...
As in other thread, I'll do my best to start Gitting today.