The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US 4.1.6 Mail not working
Thanks. The SSL/465 settings didn't work. Good idea, but it times out as before. I'm going to have to dig into this a little deeper. I'll also test with gmail as you suggested.
NOTE: I had no issues sending admin test emails before i updated my files above. It would only fail to send when i used actual pages (join/resend/etc..)

Make sure you put TLS/PORT/user/pass/proper host.

It'll work on admin test email without any |email system| changes.
Thanks, Nikolai. I have 4.1.7 now, so maybe a new thread is appropriate. Anyway, I've tried several settings for TLS/PORT/user/pass/host. All result in a timeout. The settings I use work with several mail clients, and also with telnet. I've tried the diagnostics switch in helpers.php, even boosting the level to 4, but the output boils down to "can't connect." I'd like to see more detailed diagnostics, maybe the actual transactions with the smtp server. I think that's possible since this seems to use the phpmailer engine. Anyone know how to proceed?
Just for comparison...have you tried sending from a gmail account?
If you use gmail:

(1) Less secure apps should be turned on
(2) Enable debug for 'UserSpice' and send an email. Gmail will spit out a giant error which includes a 'http' link which guides you to the 'recaptcha' step. Once you've done both those you will be able to send emails via userspice.

Note: once you send an email successfully via gmail you will recieve an email from google stating somebody used or knows your password.

F.Y.I: I'm using gmail w/TLS in UserSpice.
Ok. Thank you for that.

I will definitely take a look at what's up with smtp mail. I know @PLB and @Brian have spent significant time playing with it. I had it working, but now I can't get my noreply@userspice.org email to work on it. We'll be looking.