The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mhhk im being dumb
Yeah. That makes sense. I just put at the very bottom of navigation.php and it works really well there. You definitely want it to be able to load the menus before killing the page. The problem is backwards compatibility...although I really see no harm in it being in there twice if it accidentally winds up that way for some people. I'm also adding a message when someone is redirected because of page access issues.
Actually, I don't think it is working properly there. I'll have to run some more testing.
Since I'm talking about it...one of the pros of userspice 4.1 is that it works on pretty much anything. Pretty much most server configs, etc. The downside of that is that (especially when it comes to path issues), I can't do everything I want to do. Sometimes it works on my system and then I try it on a second server and it fails miserably. I think that's where I came up with the compromise of just loading the function per page. On some systems it was checking to see if you had access to navigation.php instead of the page that navigation.php was being included on. Not that it couldn't be overcome but nginx, iis, apache, wamp, lamp, xampp all have slightly different ways of handling things that create crazy errors until you can find a common way of doing things.
The joys of trying to fix things, "yes it works, no wait....". I encounter this thought often myself.

I suppose one potential option if you want to be able to be able to things like path issues and functionality you wish to include would be to include a install/site settings option (stored in the db) for the user to specify what system they are running on and then have the code adjust to relevant settings. Although that is a mini project in itself and extensively complex I imagine.

The thing about not having the knowledge and experience is you can make loads of suggestions.

On a side note I have not started my project yet so moving to 4.2 as I notice there is some changes which have already been included and will keep an eye on the updates.
4.2 is really stable. I just have a few "Todo" things I want to do (a little bit better control over what happens if someone doesn't have permission to visit a page, but I'll offer a patch from beta to final if you want to start with that one.

The main things are the social login features. I'm building a few projects simultaneously, so I've kind of let 4.2 sit in beta longer than I expected...but I've gotten some good feedback, so it's been worth it.