The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Language system need improvement
Hi thank you for nice script
i was looking at the language.php file but there is so little of the system there can be translated.
most is hard coded.
for instance in email_settings.php
it start saying
Setup your email server
that is no where to be found in language.php

so i found it in email_settings.php
as
Code:
<h1>Setup your email server</h1>
so i cant just translate the language.php as so much is missing.
and think language.php should be called english.php and some way to select language. both for user and admin
I'm glad you're liking it. Unfortunately, UserSpice 4 wasn't written from the ground up to be translatable. I never dreamed how many people outside the US would use it. We're working on a UserSpice 5 which would have translation built in, but there's really no guarantee that that is happening. It's definitely a side project. My next big project is a userspice teaching series.

If it were me, I would just do translations of the user facing pages. Really, the only things that your end user needs to see in most cases are join/login/password-reset/and the account page. Everything else should primarily be admin only and should not need to be translated...unless you're building this for someone who doesn't read English to administer. Sorry...I wish I had better news.
Thank you. i can understand that.
i need it for my own big system that already is multi language, my problem is its based on old system in mysql and i need change it to mysqli, i have not managed to do that and tried for monts, so needed a break and strumpled over userspice. Smile

So i just go back to solve my system.
Happy programming Smile

Well, if you decide to use UserSpice's db class and want some help converting some of those functions, I can point you in the right direction. I would not advise converting to mysqli. I would go straight to PDO or you will be having the same problem again in a few years when they stop using mysqli. PDO is much more secure and cross platform. Once you get the hang of it, you'll figure out that it is a lot faster than mysql/mysqli to write your queries.
Thank you for your advice i will do that.