The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.2 BETA old user is good, new user is not created
Hello,

So I have already set up my website and:
- the normal register (using email) works correctly
- the FB and Google register:
- - if the user already has an account in the website, logging in with facebook and google works correctly
- - if the user is new, which means that if the user doesn't already have an account in the website, the system does not create the user in the database at all.

Sidenotes:
- I have changed some things in google_oath.php, facebook_oath.php and fb-callback.php in order for the above things to work, but paths mostly, not "real" code.

Any ideas on what's wrong and new users cannot be created by the social thingies?
Can you send me the files that you changed? Maybe put them on pastebin? I rolled two betas together to do this last beta, and I think I goofed on a file somewhere. You shouldn't have had to change those files. My plan is to sit down on 4.2 over the Christmas break and launch 4.2 final by the end of the years, so I will get all the bugs out.

I know that I've definitely had it creating an account before on for new google/fb users, so I'm sure we can get that working.

Sorry for the inconvenience on that. I'll let you know when I figure out what's up.
Here are my current files (I think that's all of them):

google_oauth_login.php: http://pastebin.com/B3s1R8d5
google_oauth.php: http://pastebin.com/gVZpw9Fm
facebook_oauth.php: http://pastebin.com/V246Xr7b
fb-callback.php: http://pastebin.com/8LkkLRQL

Please note that I have created my own customized init.php and header.php files, because I wanted to make my own custom register and login pages.
Of course, everything else is working, but do you think that you need to see these files also?
Maybe it's my mistake?

By the way, I can give you the live website if you want to test it out yourself.
Cool. Thank you! I will definitely get to this! We will figure it out.
Sorry, it's taken me a little while. I wanted to do a fresh install of 4.2 and go through the entire google/facebook process again because my current install was my developer preview version.

Mine works perfectly as expected.

1. If you have a userspice account already linked to your email, your fb/google creds are added to your existing account.
2. If you don't have one, fb or google will create one for you.

Since you've modified those core files, the only thing I can say is that you should try getting fb/goog setup on an unmodified version of US4.2. If it STILL doesn't work, something is either misconfigured in userspice or on your server.

We also need to figure out a way for you to do what you're doing without updating those core files. Maybe there's another way. I want to be able to fix bugs without breaking your changes. Let me know what you're trying to accomplish and I can help.
What I wanted to do is use userspice on top of an html template and build a custom website/application.

I wanted to use the user & page management of userspice.
However, I needed to change the login, logout, remind password etc. pages, which meant changing init.php, header.php, navigation.php, together with join.php, login.php, verify.php etc.

So I have made copies of the files that I wanted to change from /users/ into /usersc/ and made the changes there.
For example, in my own /usersc/init.php I have changed the redirection path:
Code:
Redirect::to('users/verify.php');
to
Code:
Redirect::to('../dashboard/register-verify.php');
because /dashboard/register-verify.php is my customized (beautified) version that I want to show to users - I couldn't use the original verify.php because I wanted it to be similar with the other pages of my html template Smile

Generally, I changed files by copying files to /usersc/ or /dashboard/ and editing them (the paths mostly).

The website is currently live at http://valuater.io, userspice is installed in valuater.io/users but the login, register, etc. pages I have put them into valuater.io/dashboard
Right now I have disabled login with fb and google because it wasn't working correctly, but please, go ahead and register if you want, it's free Smile

Coming to think about it, perhaps it wasn't a good idea to copy the files over in /usersc/ but perhaps it was better to change the original files because I wouldn't have to mess with file and directory paths?

The problem with my setup is that I can't figure out which path is incorrect - because probably it's a pathing issue.
Perhaps I will try and replace the files in /users/ instead of copying them to /usersc/ and including them from there, and see if this works!?

Sorry if I confused you :S
I tried to sign up but your paths are kind of messed up so the verification process was not working. I do think that what you want to do can work in theory... but if it was me, I would totally reinstall everything in the /users folder and then move things one at a time. What you're doing looks really good though.

I would also wait until you get all your paths right to enable email verification.

Why did you have to edit the init?

Also, you can also kind of "double" redirect if you want where your login.php file in usersc just pulls in a login file from somewhere else.