The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
check_updates.php
Is the current version being grabbed from a server? From what I see it is being defined in the file, how is it going to check if there is updates when we are defining locally? Is this feature still being worked on and file was deployed by accident? Do you plan on integrating this into the admin panel? I was going to do this manually until I seen it seemed to be incomplete. Thanks for all the work you do! I LOVE the update! Thanks again!
That is just a stub. It's not doing anything at the moment. I'll probably implement it soon. I will probably have it check periodically so my server doesn't get hammered with a bunch of update checks. Glad you like the update! More is coming soon!
I just wrote this functionality. It was a bit tricky and I'm starting off with doing things a bit manually, but it works.
This is GRRRRREAT!!!!! Big Grin Thank you so much!!!!
No problem. I'm going to automate it more in the future, I just want to be careful about having all those servers pinging my server looking for updates.
Mudmin,

One thought with this is if you are able to provide the ability to check for the new file name on your server.

So right now you have this script built to check the text in the file on your server, and if it is different, it echos indicating there is a new version and what not. I moved this script into an automatic cron that emails me telling me to update the system.

From there I download the ZIP, upload it to the server and extract it, what I would like to do is run the update checker script, and if there is an update, check another file on your server that tells me the file name to get, e.g. the most recent ZIP was "423to426.zip", so then my server knows that is the file to grab, then when I go to do my updates, the file is already there!

Obviously everybody could use that part of the functionality different, just would be really cool if that would be an option.

Thoughts?

Thank you.
Yep. That's coming. I wanted to see how well it would work with all these installs pinging my server, which is why I'm rolling the feature out slowly. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with all the updates that roll up multiple updates into one. I guess I could stop doing that, but when there are a lot of releases in a short time, it's nice to be able to use the rollups.