The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I always get a little worried...
The UserSpice.com site is built on wordpress and system emails have always been a thorn in my side on that one. There have pretty much always been conflicts with Gmail and system emails, so I'm working through that.

UserSpice itself is a work in progress, built on UserCake. It's a vast improvement over the original. It's not how I would have built it if I was writing it from scratch, but it is functional and does some things that are just a pain in the butt to do if you're coding from scratch.

Up to this point the main point of the project was to give all the UserCake users a direct upgrade path to something with modern encryption, some xss/csrf protection, modern captcha, and responsive design. That has pretty much been accomplished.

To take the project further, I'm going to have to break things that old users depended on. The project will go full PDO and I will start changing the database structure and file structure for efficiency.

That said, if you need something to manage your users and decide who can access what page, UserSpice is a great choice. And since you're starting off with bcrypt, etc, you shouldn't have an problems upgrading.

If you're a developer, I'd love input and feedback. I want to make this better. As you said, so many of these type of projects are either functionally poor or overly complicated. I don't want to force people into things like twig templates just to manage their users.

Messages In This Thread
I always get a little worried... - by supertony - 12-10-2015, 10:38 AM
I always get a little worried... - by mudmin - 12-10-2015, 03:29 PM
I always get a little worried... - by astropos - 01-20-2016, 10:47 PM
I always get a little worried... - by mudmin - 01-20-2016, 11:00 PM