The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A patching question..
Hi, so I'm relatively new to user spice but firstly thank goodness for this - my life is truly easier.

I am currently editing user profiles, changing columns etc. etc. For example, my users dont need to specify a first/last name, so effectively want to delete the cols. How does this work in userspice from a general point of view (does it break anything?) and does it effect the next patches - am I going to run into problems by deleting/modifying the default columns?

Thanks in advance
Awesome. Glad you're liking it so far.

In general, there's not really a performance benefit to deleting those columns. I don't think you'll run into issues as far as patching is concerned, though.

Basically, you'll want to do a find through the code and look for anything that calls $user->data()->fname and lname. I've programmed a lot of that out through the echouser function (so you can just set that to Username) in the admin dashboard. The only place I can think you might run into issues is on some of the email things and the user_settings page.

Anything you change that is a "core" userspice file should be done in usersc/

You'll have to change the path to the includes, etc, but the gist of it is that if you've modded a file (let's say login.php) if yours is in usersc/login.php it will ignore the core one and use yours, so the patches will not break your mods.
Thanks mudmin..

One more question.. I'm trying to create queries to my dB which obviously userspice uses.. I don't want to effectively open up two connections if userspice already has one open.. Is there a way of using user spice to query the dB..
Mudmin made this awesome video below that will guide you through interacting with the DB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0kD5tCENM
Great that's exactly what I needed.. thanks both - now lets pray that userspice never retires..
speaking of the db, I'm comfortable creating a patch file to update or create table/rows/columns etc, until i want to add multiple values to multiple columns, for example:

lets say my table is:
<pre>
Code:
$ctr1 = $db->query("CREATE TABLE <code>poppies</code> (
  <code>id</code> int(11) NOT NULL,
  <code>name</code> varchar(50) NOT NULL,
  <code>alpha_2</code> varchar(2) NOT NULL,
  <code>alpha_3</code> varchar(3) NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1");

$ctr2 = $db->query("ALTER TABLE <code>poppies</code> ADD PRIMARY KEY (<code>id</code>)");
$ctr3 = $db->query("ALTER TABLE <code>poppies</code> MODIFY <code>id</code> int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT");
</pre>

now i want to update the table with multiple values for each column, for instance in column "name" i have 20 poppy names i need inserting,

normally if it was one value i would just do this:

<pre>
Code:
$fields = array(
  'name'  => 'yellow poppy',
  'alpha_2'  => '',
  'alpha_3'  => '',
);
$ctr4 = $db->insert('poppies',$fields);
</pre>

can user spice handle this ? or do i just have to import .sql via phpmyadmin?
@wickey312, I've built too many of my own projects on userspice to let it go away! haha. Although from May-August 1 are my crazy busy times at work so I don't get to do as much support and patching as I would like to.

I run a 500 acre kids camp up in Alaska, so when the sun is out, so are Alaskans!
@firestorm

I almost always do that with some sort of foreach loop.

I guess it depends. If I am entering the data in myself for the first time...I just go into phpmyadmin and do it that way. If I'm auto-generating the content from some sort of other query, I almost always go through a foreach.
@firestorm

https://pastebin.com/Jp2EbDTw (line 202)

I've rewritten insert function so that you can add more than one record to a table.

Example:

Code:
$fields = array (
Code:
"Number" => array(1,2),
Code:
"Letter" => array("A","B")
Code:
);
Code:
$db -> insert("test_table",$fields);