The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Header & Footer
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you folks could help me out.

I have managed to modify page_footer.php to carry my custom footer, which is enclosed within a container rather than a container-fluid.
I need to script my header/navigation so it matches my style, so I need to know where / how I can put the header in a container rather than the container-fluid it appears to live in and where to change the colour of this header.

Also:

Is deploying a finished project to a live server rather than a test server simple?
BTW – I am running version 4.2.6

Thanks
Scott
You probably need to change the class on
Code:
<body class="nav-md">
~ line 161 on
Code:
header.php
in
Code:
users/includes
- note this is going to get overwritten with new updates so you are going to have to perform your updates manually to be sure you don't lose your changes.

And deploying should be almost drag and drop. You will need to change any social callbacks and the email server if you have one setup.

That should be pretty much it though as long as you don't have any static links e.g.
Code:
http://localhost/js/blah.js
vs
Code:
/js/blah.js
type thing

Sorry if that doesn't make sense lol
When deploying you'll want to test each page just to make sure all is working as it should. Server config differences and different PHP versions between your development server and production server could cause a few hickups. You can always upload to a temp directory for testing before moving it and making it live.
To change from container to container-fluid you pretty much have to change every file that has html in userspice, body doesn't control it I'm afraid, I've had to do it with my custom package, if you do that you may aswell go ahead and remove all the deprecated align="" attributes scattered about and replace with either inline styles ( yuk..!) or drop into the stylesheet as align="" won't validate in html5

the core css is taken care off by bootstrap via cdn, all other styles are taken care off in the various css files within the css folder. you can drop your own into that folder and user spice will find it, you then just select it from the settings menus.

if you have just a few mods you could just put them in the header after the included css files wrapped in <style></style> tags
Just curious...what kind of problems does container-fluid cause you?

Quote:Just curious…what kind of problems does container-fluid cause you?

I am trying to 'user spice' a project that i have mostly completed in bootstrap and this project has been written using the container class, so i have a page that sits in the centre with full-width header and footer. It no longer looks right
I use a static full-width header/footer with centered content using container-fluid so it's definitely do-able. The difference between the two containers is that .container has media queries to change it's fixed width at certain viewpoints, while .container-fluid will always maintain a 100{3bc1fe685386cc4c3ab89a3f76566d8931e181ad17f08aed9ad73b30bf28114d} width.

You should be able to change all references of .container to .container-fluid in your css without any change to function. If you try it and it's not working there's probably some funky interaction going on between it and another element, but we'd need to see your full css to figure it out.