The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with passing data using Modal
Hi guys...

So wondering if any of you have any experience using modal... So what I am trying to achieve, is to display a grid of data and a button next to each row which when a user clicks will popup a modal and ask for an email address. Then take that email address and submit it to another php file to generate pdf document and email that address. The problem I am having is the variable passed to the modal post command is that last row and not the row of the actual line where the button is...

here is some code:

<table class="table table-hover">
<thead>
<tr>
<th>Id</th>
<th>File#</th>
<th>Subject</th>
<th>Author</th>
<th>Date Created</th>
<th>Last Edited By</th>
<th>Date Last Edited</th>
<th>PDF</th>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<?php foreach ($filenumberResult as $FNR) { ?>
<td><?=$FNR->ID?></td>
<td><a>ID?>"><?=$FNR->FILENUMBER?></a></td>
<td><a>ID?>"><?=$FNR->SUBJECT?></a></td>
<td><?php echouser ($FNR->AUTHOR);?></td>
<td><?=$FNR->DATECREATED?></td>
<td><?php echouser ($FNR->LASTEDITEDBY);?></td>
<td><?=$FNR->DATELASTEDITED?></td>
<td><a>ID?>&fn=<?=$FNR->FILENUMBER?>&dov=D&webkey=<?=$FNR->WEBKEY?>&subject=<?=$FNR->SUBJECT?>"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-file-pdf-o"></i></a> | <a>ID?>&fn=<?=$FNR->FILENUMBER?>&dov=I&webkey=<?=$FNR->WEBKEY?>" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-eye"></i></a> | ID?>"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-envelope"></i></td>
</tr>
<?php } ?>
</tbody>

<!-- Trigger the modal with a button -->

<!-- Modal -->
<div class="modal fade" id="email-letter" role="dialog">
<div class="modal-dialog">
<div class="modal-content">
<form class="form-horizontal" action="emailpdf.php?id=<?=$FNR->ID?>&fn=<?=$FNR->FILENUMBER?>&dov=S&webkey=<?=$FNR->WEBKEY?>&subject=<?=$FNR->SUBJECT?>" method="post">
<div class="modal-header"><h4>Email Letter...</h4></div>
<div class="modal-body">

<div class="form-group">
<?php dump($FNR->ID);?>
<label for="contact-email" class="col-lg-2 control-label">E-mail:</label>
<div class="col-lg-10">
<input type="email" class="form-control" name="contact-email" id="contact-email" placeholder="you@example.com" required><br>
</div>
</div>

</div>
<div class="modal-footer">
<button class="btn btn-success" type="submit">Send Message</button>
<a>Cancel</a>
</div>
</form>
</div>
</div>
</div>

The line:

form class="form-horizontal" action="emailpdf.php?id=<?=$FNR->ID?>&fn=<?=$FNR->FILENUMBER?>&dov=S&webkey=<?=$FNR->WEBKEY?>&subject=<?=$FNR->SUBJECT?>" method="post">

is always getting the last row data and not the row it is assigned to.

I need to figure out how to pass the actual row variables in the action="emailpdf.php?id= protion but am stumped.

I hope im making sense... Any ideas or help cos i have searched and cant seem to figure this out.

Thanks -M
ok - i think i may have found a solution using the information from :

https://w3heap.com/questions/2522/pass-p...trap-modal

Going to test now... fingers crossed
Good luck Smile
Let me know if you don't get it to work, I'm currently working on something similar with modals and can help figure out your problem if needed.