The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding new links in the header
I've added a couple new links to the header, via usersc/navigation.php. That works fine, and those links get rolled up into the hamburger menu on mobile, as expected.

So my question is partially related to UserSpice and partially to Bootstrap... I now want to add a 3rd item to the header, which should NOT get rolled into the hamburger menu on mobile. Any ideas how to accomplish this?
I think maybe adding the class of "hidden-xs" may or may not do this...give it a try...
Hey, thanks for the suggestion! It didn't quite do the trick though (and maybe I didn't explain it very well). hidden-xs does remove it from the hamburger menu, but does not leave in the header. It's just gone when on mobile. I want it to stay in the header always, even on mobile.
Just leave the class empty then - should do the trick, if I'm understanding your request correctly. My understanding of bootstrap classes is nothing compared to my knowledge of PHP - so @mudmin might be able to help better
After some unsuccessful testing and then some Googling, you'll need to add a pull to get it to stay. Here's the best thread I found explaining it without having to dig through answers: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3646...-glyphicon

If you still have some trouble getting it to work, please make a link to a pastebin of your navigation and any css changes and we'll help you out.
Karsen, that got me to the finish line. The trick, which as a fairly new Bootstrap user I was not expecting, is that you need to put the item in both places in the header code (collapsed and non-collapsed) and then show the right one at the right time by using visible-xs and hidden-xs.

Here's some sample code, if anyone's interested:
https://www.bootply.com/658w1tS3SS
There's a way to do it with only one link but the navigation is always a nightmare for me to get it to work how I want. Glad you have it working!