The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Admins?
Hey all,

So things are going really well. However I need to know if there is anyway to make the system support multiple admins?

I realize that generally user #1 is considered an admin however is it possible for multiple people to have that access?

If so what settings do you need to give the additional Admins?

Thanks!
Account 1 is primarily an anti-lockout thing so you can't lock yourself out of the system, but you can click on
admin dashboard->manage users->click a user
Check add permission "Administrator" and update That will give them access to pretty much anything.
Any chance you can script the update to admin?
Not sure what you are getting at @Chris?

There would be no coding or scripting - just going into the admin panel and adding the permissions.
I guess my question is, what changes does the admin panel do to the database to make the second admin?
It adds a line to the table user_permission_matches with the user id in the second column and a 2 (for admin) in the 3rd column. The first column is an auto-incremented id.
Setting a second user to the administrator password works the same as setting a user to any other permission. You can set any page you want to require the admin permission, just like any other page. What you are effectively doing is limiting sensitive pages to only the administrator permission, whereas other pages like account are limited to anyone with an account.

The biggest thing that the master account does is allow the master admin access to any page even if their permissions are changed (like if the admin permission is removed). This way you can always get to any page if a mistake happens and can't be locked out. It's not usually necessary to modify the master account list unless another admin REALLY needs it (typically not the case) as the permission system will take care of it.

If you're having trouble adding someone as a second admin, I can walk you through it real quick.