The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status Update 012
Notifications work except there is no number for new notifications at the top. I expect that to be an easy fix. Thanks @Karsen for everything.

New db import required.
With this - I would like to move the Messages out of the main nav nested under the account menu (the Hello, xxx menu) and send notifications to users with new messages instead...thoughts? I just find the messages takes up too much room - just a preference I suppose
Missed this 012 thread so I replied in the 010 thread. The new number works, it was simply already viewed (see here for a longer description).

The new admin.php links at the top were an eyesore so I turned them into buttons:
https://pastebin.com/G5jkFCfn

I attempted to fix the css in the modal but I still have a problem that I've never run into before. The color that the text SHOULD be is instead white:
[Image: Mismatch.png]
Here is my temp fix for the modal in page_footer.php. Can anyone figure out why the css isn't working?
https://pastebin.com/8BFp4Rn1
Since we are using the letter icon, what if we just drop the 'Messages' text? But I also see your argument for simply sending a notification when a new message arrives. It would combine the redundancy.
Yes - I want to move the Messages under the Accounts menu and drop it completely from the main viewable nav and just have notifications. This would combine it with the email notifications we setup in the new messaging system. What is going on with the CSS @karsen? I must be missing something - if I know I can take a look
(Trying to move the same discussion from 2 threads to 1)

Brandin: "Can we move the number and make it an exponent of the glyphicon? Is this something you can do in HTML/Bootstrap? I think it would look cool and would prefer this over brackets."

How about a bootstrap badge? Something like this (from navigation.php):
Code:
<li><a href="portal/'.PAGE_PATH.'#" id="notificationsTrigger" data-toggle="modal"
Code:
data-target="#notificationsModal"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-bell"></i> <span
Code:
id="notifCount" class="badge" style="margin-top: -5px">
Code:
<?= (($notifications->getUnreadCount() > 0) ? $notifications->getUnreadCount()
Code:
: ''); ?></span></a></li>
I've checked it in both Chrome and Firefox and the text in the modal is white, header and content both, and I can't figure out where it's inheriting from or why it's overriding what Chrome DevTools says should be a near-black.
Yes - I like the badge thing - if there is an unread count, can be put the icon in the span though so everything is in the badge? Or would you prefer just the number?

I will take a look at the modal...that would be why I can't see the text...
I'm getting this on admin_user.php on localhost - anyone else?
( ! ) Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in C:\wamp64\www\43-12\users\admin_user.php on line 557

I can't figure out why...works on prod but not localhost...was going to look at the modals there so I can see the difference.
Found an error on admin_users.php (same issue on admin_user.php as well). Line 294 points to an incorrect folder for the JS file:
Code:
<script src="scripts/jwerty.js"></script>
should be
Code:
<script src="<?= $us_url_root; ?>users/js/jwerty.js"></script>
and similar with search.js a few lines below. This should fix a location error if your UserSpice isn't your root directory.

The admin_user.php parse error is on lines 504 and 505,
Code:
<?
is used when it should be
Code:
<?php

For the notifications, if you put the icon in the span it will only display when you have a new notification and you'll be unable to click the icon to view already read notifications.