The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi!
Hello to everyone, I write from Italy, and it has been a while since the last time I put my hands on the php.

So be patient on both English and coding Smile)

In fact, nice the video guide, but personally I prefer the written one: I have more chance to understand something! Big Grin

Ok, let me try to dig in the code!

Bye

PS: let me know if it's better to start now to translate the language.php or to wait the 5.0 Tongue
Hello Oscar!

Welcome to the forums.

@mudmin - thoughts on translation?
Well, I just talked to Peter, the lead on the 5.0 project. He's pretty busy at the moment, so we don't even have a timeline for 5.0. I'd love to see a way to move ALL of the language from 4.3 to one big language file (or database) and then offer multiple languages. Maybe the best thing to do (if you're really interested, is to do the language off of version 4.3 when that is released, which will be soon).
(imo) a database would be best - and we can deploy my Language Manager if you wish.
I think that sounds like a great idea...and something that will make a clear demarcation for 4.4
Hi,

i am also looking into US language support and have been a bit digging around.
Looks like Gettext is the way to go.
Here is a blog post which gives a quick overview.

If US tends to use the database, I would follow. Do you already have a table design in mind? As simple as key/short text/en/fr/de/... ? All in one table?
I don't have a particular table design in mind. My brain says that it would make sense to have something like
z_us_index
z_us_admin_users

Basically z to get it at the end of the tables, us to keep them together and then the page name without the php for the translations.

Thoughts?
Hello, just want to say some words as my introduction: my name is Joseph and I really want to have some incredible time here inside this community, hope to learn something new from you all and share with you my experience too.
Welcome, Joseph!

I want to say also hi! I'm a Brazilian living in Germany.

Guys... great work! I'm really amazed by the code and functions. =)