The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Close Registration
Hi,
I'm new here so sorry for any silly questions, I have tried to search first!

I'm playing with Userspice and loving the clean and easy setup and appearance of the site after the install. I think this is just what I'm looking for, however I'm new and have a lot to learn...

1. I would like to know if I can disable user registrations while I build the site. I don't want to set the maintenance mode as would like the info on the home page to still show and for me to be able to use the site as i try to develop it.

2. I have changed the index.php in the root to show some info re the site I hope to build but I'm concerned it will be overwritten during an upgrade, other than backing it up is there a better way to approach this?

Many thanks Adi
Hi and welcome!

We never overwrite the index.php. Once you install UserSpice, it's yours. If you need to modify anything in the users folder, let me know, because there are specific ways to do that.

I don't have a setting to disable registration, but you could do this.

Go in the usersc folder and create a file called join.php and put this in it.

<?php
require_once "../users/init.php";
Redirect::to("index.php?err=We+are+sorry,+but+registration+is+closed.");
?>

I can work on adding that to UserSpice 4.3. It's an interesting idea that I never thought about. Just FYI, if you do this and have social logins turned on if someone who was not a user of your site tries to login via google or facebook, their account will automatically be created.

If I want to have to "approve" each user, I usually add a 3rd permission level in the admin dashboard called "staff" or something like that. Then I require all the pages of my project that I create to have a permission level of staff. The reason for this is that when a user creates an account, they're automatically given the permission level of "user", but if you need "staff" before you can do anything important, then all someone can do is basically login/logout until you tell them otherwise. Just another thought.
Perfect thank you.
This is also relevant if you want manually added users only in the case of something such as using this as the login system for a website's backend control system. Would love this option added in!
I think this missed the cut! I will add it back to the to-do list.
Hi guys. I really love the idea that we can disable user registration. has it been implemented?
It is not completed yet. There is a ticket open for it.

https://userspice.com/bugs/view.php?id=19
Great! Thanks Brandin.
Hi! I'm very new to Userspice and web development. I find it very difficult to gather the information I need. Often there are fragments of things that I want to realize or there are complete memoirs about different web development approaches. Overall I'm pretty overwhelmed, because it needs time to learn things and make the connections in the mind. I'm constantly between frustration and triumph Wink

I'm a teacher from Germany and try to manage different teacher<->student actions such as students reporting their illness or applying for different working groups. First of all, I don't need the "Register"-button in the navbar, when I'm not logged in. The school administration will manage the accounts. How can I get rid of this button? I already successfully modified the join.php as suggested above. I tried to delete the line

Code:
<li><a href="<?=$us_url_root?>users/join.php" class=""><i class="fa fa-plus-square"></i> Register</a></li>

in the users/includes/navigation.php but this didn't change anything.

Do you have any suggestion?
You must be using database-driven navigation which is great, because this'll be even easier!

Navigation to the Admin Panel, press "Navigation and Menus", click "Main" and press the delete button to the right!

Please reach out anytime you need help, we're here to learn together.