The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proper documentation please!
Hi,

Interesting project, but not very easy to use!! Would it be possible to give us the code that we need at the top and the bottom of each page to get them included in UserSpice, so we can copy and paste into our web pages? Actual code, not videos, from which you can not cut and paste.

If you want UserSpice to be able to sit on top of any existing webiste, this would seem to be the very basic information you have to tell us. As far as I can tell, it is only in a video, half way down the home page, 'UserSpice don't care', starting around 9 minutes in. I don't want all the other stuff, I just want the bare minimum -- and that is how you sold your product. As such, there's not even any code for me to copy and paste directly into my project, so I have to wade through all sorts of redundant stuff about bears and includes to get to it. Most of your documentation seems to consist of irrelevant videos about how to code...

Michael
It's coming. The project has developed quickly and documentation gets out of date fast. We're building a new knowledgebase that will go alongside version 4.3, which will be coming out soon (and a relatively painless upgrade from 4.2).

All you NEED to make userspice work is
1. The
Code:
require_once 'init.php';
//obviously with the proper path
2. The
Code:
<?php if (!securePage($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])){die();} ?>
3. If you want userspice to manage files other than in root, users, and usersc, you add those files to the array on line 2 in z_us_root.php

The project is not absolutely everything I want it to be, but me and a small group of volunteers do provide this at our own expense for free and so far it's been downloaded 1.1 million times from every nation on earth. We answer tons of questions that would get laughed out of stack overflow and try to do so with a good attitude. In the absence of perfect docs, feel free to ask questions and we'll get you up and running.
It's coming. The project has developed quickly and documentation gets out of date fast. We're building a new knowledgebase that will go alongside version 4.3, which will be coming out soon (and a relatively painless upgrade from 4.2).

All you NEED to make userspice work is
1. The
Code:
require_once 'init.php';
//obviously with the proper path
2. The
Code:
<?php if (!securePage($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])){die();} ?>
3. If you want userspice to manage files other than in root, users, and usersc, you add those files to the array on line 2 in z_us_root.php

The project is not absolutely everything I want it to be, but me and a small group of volunteers do provide this at our own expense for free and so far it's been downloaded 1.1 million times from every nation on earth. We answer tons of questions that would get laughed out of stack overflow and try to do so with a good attitude. In the absence of perfect docs, feel free to ask questions and we'll get you up and running.
Is there a basic guide or tutorial ? I have installed it twice, messed around, created some pages, modified some others etc... but none of my changes seems to be reflected.. i suppose i can create my own pages from the blank_pages (which includes the init, header, etc. files), drop them into users folder, etc... but can't see them when running the site.

i guess a simple step-by-step tutorial would be helpful
That doesn't sound like a UserSpice issue, more of changes not saving...

Given this is an open source project with limited community contribution, we can only make documentation as time permits. You can ask questions as you need and provide your code.