The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set new account permissions?
Hello!

I'm sure that I'm missing something super basic here but for the life of me I can't figure out how to set the permission level of a user when the account is created. I have created a permissions group, it's set to 3.

In join.php, under `// echo "Trying to create user" I see 'permissions' => 1, but changing 1 to 3 seems to have no effect

Am I barking up the wrong tree?? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and thanks for such an awesome and insanely useful project!
Hmm. Yeah. That's not the place to change it and ideally you shouldn't have to edit the code at all.

Let me ask it to you this way...if you are trying to automatically give someone a user level when a new user is created, then why not just use the default level of "user"? Or am I missing something?
Thanks for the reply! I was able to work around it without the need to change the permissions.

I've been working a lot with UserSpice over the past month, incorporating it into my project. I'm really blown away with how awesome it is. Thank you so much for it!!
I am new, and I use 4.3 (beta).
I was login as administrator and I added permission, let's say 'BOSS'.
As an administrator why I can not change permission setting (add/remove) 'BOSS'? why is it disabled?

p.s: sorry I posted same topic in other thread Sad
I got it!

I changed permission setting by adding user to permission membership in Permission Manager.
Glad to hear you got this abiaxis.
Unable to assign permissions to new user in the 'Add These Permission(s):'. I get the 'no' icon when I mouse over the permissions.
This would be because you have permission restrictions enabled, this is a precaution to disallow users to remove/add permissions they don't have access to, for example if you give specific permissions (jr. admin for example) access to make/modify users.

The bypass for this is to do it from the permission level. I will work on a fix for this, that if in the master account array it is never disabled for you.
O.K. Our customer will be the admin and we will have to train them on this workaround.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Mike
I will issue a fix for this on the next release.