The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.3 Solved - Intermittant "Please confirm permission settings."
Not sure if bug or install issue. Solved by reinstall!

Using 4.3.9 after running update.php in 4.3.8 and getting the new files for 4.3.9. The problem existed before the upgrade.

I can log in as admin and see my Admin Dashboard by clicking in the drop down menu on the far right of the header. However, quite often when I click on a link in the dashboard, or the drop down menu to display another page, a different page displays with "Please confirm permission settings." in red.

Loading another page and then reloading the page with the red message displays the dashboard that I want to see. However,
it will alternate back and forth between the error state and the dashboard on successive page loads.

This behavior also affects all of the other pages in the dropdown menu, except the 'System Logs' page.

Additionally, these are the only pages in the pages table of my Userspice database.

Any help is much appreciated,

Mike
Glad to hear you were able to resolve this.

This would have happened due to pages you're trying to visit missing from the DB. Anytime an administrator lands on a page that does not exist, it adds the page and brings you to the admin_page for that.

Previously it would just die and tell you to go to admin pages, so this is a much more elegant solution.
I have this bug too. How do you solve this problem?! Just copy all files to FTP and replace or reinstall database too?
Fantom,

As above this is a built in function. It is possible the pages script failed during your upgrade and these pages just need new permissions confirmed which you can do by this page.

This is not a bug.

B.
Thanks your reply. I try to rewrite all stuff on FTP. I hope this solve my problem. Smile
I reupload all stuff on FTP but this problem still have. But, when im on permission confirm page and i reload page the page load perfect. Have u anything idea what is this? Or something apache/mysql extension missing?
As mentioned above, this is due to pages missing from the DB. You have to either load users/admin_pages.php first when you add new pages and adjust the permissions, or you will hit the please confirm page permissions because the page was not in the DB.
I found the solution. This solved my problem.
In z_us_root.php in 2nd line i set path like this:
Code:
...,'/users/book/',....
This solved for me:
Code:
...,'users/book/','....
removed dash before users. This is my bad. Sorry.
Oh great, thanks for posting this!!!

Yes, that would cause them to drop out, and get readded and then you run into the permission confirmation problems Smile