The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidebar Menu
Love the concept & have spent some time yesterday looking to see if I could use UserSpice as the basis for a custom web application.

Certainly - the ability to change some of the look & feel via css is great - but my need is to replace the top nav with a fixed/collapsible sidebar menu (driven by the database settings for new pages etc) ?

I have been fiddling with a template like SB-Admin to build out - but having come across the work you have done - would be great to leverage or combine the 2 x concepts. 1 - either take an SB-Admin like template and insert the UserSpice functionality or 2 - Take the UserSpice template & insert the SB-Admin look & feel

Looking for some help as to how I can do this ?

Or how would you tackle it

Thanks in advance
Userspice was originally built on SB Admin and it's a fantastic template, but what originally happened was that I spent half of my time giving support for the sb admin template instead of userspice itself. It's not that it's a bad template, but it reacts a little differently on different servers and I was never able to come up with a compromise to the code that worked on everyone's systems.

That said, it should work fine for what you want since it's you and your server, you can tweak as needed.

Because your users never really have to see the back of userspice, it would really be pretty straightforward to use userspice with the plain sbadmin template.

You would just copy our core code into an sbadmin page for login, join, account.php and the password reset stuff and that would pretty much do it.

Note that you can copy our login.php over to usersc/login.php, change the init call at the top of the file to ../users/init.php and your login page would load instead of ours and our updates would not break your site.