The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aprove user accounts by admin
I want to activate new user accounts only AFTER approving them by administrators. So additionally to verification of user emails, user accounts have to get checked by admin to make them work on my userspice site.

Is there an easy way to do that?

I see there is a block option on user accounts, so maybe one option would be to block users by default and only make them available after unblocking them manually. Would that have any negative side effect?
There are two ways you can do this. The one you outlined, or the second, and probably easier, is to remove all permissions except like index.php from the default User level, and make a second user level for everything else that you have to manually assign.

This is actually a highly requested feature so I think we will put it in in the future upgrades.
The approach of making a second user level for approved users works fine. Thanks!