The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe a bug. Maybe just an FYI.
The setup and install of UserSpice went just fine. However, when I tried to login I got
<pre>
Code:
There was an error with your form. Please go back and try again. Please note that submitting the form by refreshing the page will cause an error.

If this continues to happen, please contact the administrator.

Go Back
</pre>

Being the attentive fellow that I am, I followed the instructions and uncommented the following lines in login.php
<pre>
Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
</pre>

That revealed the following error
<pre>
Code:
Warning: session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_...., O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /.../eventspice/users/init.php on line 4
</pre>

Which I though odd since my sessions dir isn't '/var/php_sessions'. To correct the error I added the following line to init.php, right before
Code:
session_start();
<pre>
Code:
session_save_path('/real/path/to/phpsessionsdir');
</pre>

Now everything works great. I'm hesitant to put out a pull request to make this configurable as the underling issue is most likely with my host's configuration. Still, I wanted to document the problem and one approach to fixing it.
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I've absolutely never seen that with userspice. I ran into it on a raspberry pi or something along those lines, but not with US.

Can you give me a little bit more info about your server? Operating system/php version?
Sure thing. Also, before I get bogged down in the details, thanks for US. I rappreciate what you've put together here.

Code:
env

I have several personal domains with a commercial web hosting company. One of those is set aside as a 'smoke' environment, think of it as pre-production. Code is real. Data is not. That's where, I believe, that I ran into the problem. The local path to the session dir (/var/php_sessions) was more or less right but the canonical path was very different (/mary/had/a/little/lamb/iliketacos/var/phpsessions). I think the system was just confused by this.

Anyway, the environment for that server is:
- PHP: 7.1.1
- MySQL: 5.6.32

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. Thanks again for the great little jumpstart framework.