The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point to Main Domain running UserSpice from SubDomain (how to)
Hi all, please help me configure userspice.

I  hosted it on a subdomain like this: www.subdomain.example.com for a website www.example.com, so all I see and can protect are subdomain files, where and with what syntax should I add the files in my main domain?

I tried to add $main_dom_path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/../example.com'; $path=['','users/','usersc/',$main_dom_path]; in the file z_us_root.php but it is not working  Huh
Is there any way that you can just dump the users and usersc folders and the z_us_root.php file in the root of www.example.com?
(11-05-2018, 01:18 AM)mudmin Wrote: Is there any way that you can just dump the users and usersc folders and the z_us_root.php file in the root of www.example.com?

I have redone the install by adding a folder in www.example.com, e.g. www.example.com/users/ and it has installed fine. I had to add '../' to the path for it to see all files in the root domain. Now the question I have is since I am working on a wordpress site, which does not expose individual php pages except for themes and plugins, how do I secure my actual pages? do I add the six lines mentioned in the documentation to the header.php template or what?
Are the pages that you're trying to secure wordpress pages or pages that you are custom coding?
(11-05-2018, 01:57 AM)mudmin Wrote: Are the pages that you're trying to secure wordpress pages or pages that you are custom coding?

they are wordpress pages
I don't think you can protect the wordpress pages directly. You can use userspice to interact with the wordpress database, but as you said, since the php files aren't visible, you can't use it for access control. TBH, I've used several plugins to try to do that with wordpress and they all worked like garbage. Any time I needed a full CMS that needed userspice-type access control, I had to use joomla...which I didn't love, but it worked. Sorry. I wish I had better news.
(11-05-2018, 02:05 AM)mudmin Wrote: I don't think you can protect the wordpress pages directly.  You can use userspice to interact with the wordpress database, but as you said, since the php files aren't visible, you can't use it for access control. TBH, I've used several plugins to try to do that with wordpress and they all worked like garbage. Any time I needed a full CMS that needed userspice-type access control, I had to use joomla...which I didn't love, but it worked. Sorry. I wish I had better news.

thank you for your help and insight, I'd have loved to use userspice for my project as I also find the wordpress user management / access control plugins sloppy as one often needs about a handful of plugins and the related addons to get decent-ish administration. perhaps one should look to transform or adapt userspice into an open source plugin for wordpress to use across multiple projects... but the wordpress cms is a closed system for serious coding
I've definitely thought about it. I've written a plugin or 2 for it over the years. The big issue for me has been that WP changes things all the time and breaks the plugin. It's crazy to me in 2018 that they haven't built these features in. If you do decide to code your own project, let me know if I can be of any assistance.