The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTTP Error 500
Did a new install everything checked out. No errors. Upon first launch of index.php I get an 500 error. Did some searching and found a recommendation to change the .htaccess to .htbak I did that but no change.

Any help would be appreciated.

John
Is there a .htaccess file in the root of your UserSpice install? Which .htaccess did you try to rename?

What server are you running?
I installed in a folder called "test" on the root of my server (public_html) the HTACCESS file was on the root. So when looking at my file structure on the server it is: public_html/test

It's a LAMP Server

Apache Version 2.2.31
PHP Version 5.5.30
MySQL Version 5.6.33
There was not a .htaccess file in the root of the userspice install.
But there may be one in the folder below that....the public html folder
Yes I changed the .htaccess on the public_html folder to .htbak

I did this after the install was completed and started searching for why there was the error.
Can you put an index2.php in the userspice install folder and that just contains the following? It will help understand where the source of the problem is. 500 could be a PHP configuration error...

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

or perhaps anything that calls a PHP function?

<?php
echo "Hello World";
?>
It just spits it back out as text:

< ?php phpinfo(); ?> or perhaps anything that calls a PHP function? < ?php echo "Hello World"; ?>

You can view it at: http://slsheriffwebservices.net/test/index2.php
I would say that your PHP is not installed properly to handle .php files. Did you install PHP yourself or is this on a provided server somewhere?
This is a hosted Linux server with Newtek. I have php scripts running for form validation, email, and includes.