The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gmail SMTP Mailer
Do we know if commenting it out breaks it for non-gmail people?
Now this I don't know.......I've reverted from Gmail to a cPanel server and it is working fine.

You know whats funny.....you commented this out in the install files Wink So if everyone's mailers are working - then we are good to leave it out Wink
I'm sure we would have heard about it if it wasn't. Smile

So it's just that it's never been pushed out as an update, right?
Nope...you pushed it :p

https://github.com/mudmin/UserSpice4/blo...elpers.php

Line 138
That's interesting because I use Gmail and I can only send out mail if I enabled SMTP. I wonder if the difference is because I'm using the business service and not a regular Gmail account?
I was using a Google Apps account too and it wouldn't let me......maybe it is server configuration related? I can't see this...but who knows! Are you using the newest version of helpers @Karsen? It would be commented out line 138?
I used a custom mail function. At the time I needed to use two different email accounts and they required different credentials so I modified it. I just tested the regular helper function with it commented out and it worked for me, so I have no idea why SMTP was required back when I first set it up!
Similar to @mudmin having used it for awhile and then all of a sudden it didn't work! So I'm thinking maybe this is a depreciated setting that breaks stuff now!
That's what I'm thinking. Something had to change on google's end.
@mudmin I'm going to have to explore this more

It seems to be server-based on if the SMTP mailer is going to work or not

On localhost, I connected to Gmail's SMTP server, had to uncomment the isSMTP() function as phpMailer wasn't on my localhost, and then when I deployed my repo onto my cP dev site, it failed and could not send, in which case I had to comment the line back out and revert to using the phpMailer.

Any idea on what might be causing this? Would it be something in my firewall do you think?