The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/portal.php 39 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,007
» Latest member: kavitasinghji
» Forum threads: 1,324
» Forum posts: 7,788

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 194 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 193 Guest(s)
Bing

Latest Threads
UserSpice 4.4 Development
Forum: News Center
Last Post: ehc.ankur
11-10-2021, 10:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 15,199
How to use hasPerm
Forum: UserSpice 4.4
Last Post: mudmin
07-20-2019, 02:45 PM
» Views: 13,755
Session issue? What I sho...
Last Post: Parth
07-17-2019, 05:06 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 14,502
Email Error
Last Post: Brandin
07-17-2019, 04:47 PM
» Views: 6,623
{ Missing Text } after up...
07-16-2019, 04:23 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 53,638
Best Practice Info
Forum: New to UserSpice?
07-16-2019, 11:55 AM
» Views: 13,490
Force to use 2FA -always-
07-12-2019, 12:43 PM
» Views: 6,636
e-mail not verifying
Last Post: LBC
07-10-2019, 11:34 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 76,232
changes to navigation.php...
07-07-2019, 10:46 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,331
Duplicated files in /user...
07-07-2019, 10:44 AM
» Views: 6,582

Almost there!
Posted by: mudmin - 02-01-2016, 08:53 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - No Replies

UserSpice version 4 is almost ready for beta. I just have some basic debugging to do and I need to push out some UI/UX stuff, but we will be in beta by the end of the week! As a reminder, this version will be more or less feature comparable with version 3, but built on a more robust platform. Then the features will really start rolling out!

Add Fields to Registration
Posted by: fly476 - 01-31-2016, 02:02 AM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - Replies (1)

What is the best way to add additional fields to the registration page?

Firebug (other inspectors are available)
Posted by: astropos - 01-29-2016, 10:22 PM - Forum: Off-topic Discussions - Replies (3)

What tools do people use for debugging HTML and JS?

I'm a big fan of FireBug (Firefox plugin)

Also HTMLTidy is a vital tool.

Specific to Bootstrap, there's http://www.bootlint.com/
You can set up a bookmarklet so you can check for valid Bootstrap markup with one click. Recommended.

Header Overlaps
Posted by: cookiemonster2.069 - 01-29-2016, 07:31 PM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - Replies (3)

Hi there,

i started fiddeling with the footers and headers, however now the header covers part of the page:
Http://imbinu.com/system

How can i bring it back to what it was?

Email in UserSpice 4.x
Posted by: mudmin - 01-28-2016, 07:37 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (8)

If you've ever tried to mess with sending emails from a server, it can be a royal pain in the butt. Things go to spam folders, they don't send and diagnosing your individual problems means digging through server logs and wondering if gmail is just throwing your emails away.

Enter SwiftMailer. Version 4.x is using SwiftMailer as the library to provide email functionality as opposed to the generic php sendmail feature.

Since SwiftMailer is just the library, we need a way to send the actual email. You could send it from your server itself, but that gets into a lot of the problems that we've already talked about. Obviously, I'm not taking this feature away, it will just need some configuration.

The preferred initial method to use for sending emails so far is Mailgun. You sign up for a free account. No credit card requires. You confirm your email and phone, setup some dns records, and you can send 10,000 emails per month for free.

If you need more than that, things like Mandril become cheaper.

I'm definitely open to discussion on this. What say you all?

A note about UserSpice 4
Posted by: mudmin - 01-28-2016, 04:19 PM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - No Replies

(reposted from the UserSpice 4 forum)

I probably should have said this earlier, but UserSpice 4 is not going to LOOK much different than UserSpice 3 at launch. It will be more or less feature equivalent...in fact, there might be a few things missing at launch.

The big thing to know is that it's what's under the hood that counts. Everything is faster, more secure, and better written to be a platform that can take UserSpice (and your project) long into the future, but as far as it looks...you might not notice a difference.

Sure, the alternative login methods, 2 factor, cool dashboards will come...and hopefully quickly, but in the beginning it will have these big advantages over its predecessor:

1. It will more completely fulfill the "get out of the way" file structure and database interactions that I've always dreamed of with UserSpice. Your root folder will be a clean place to get to work.

2. The documentation will be better. To be fully honest, when I started UserSpice 4, I didn't even truly understand how some of the functions and permissions were working under the hood. I had to completely reverse engineer the codebase of UserCake/UserSpice in order to figure out what the heck was going on. I had to attack problems from completely different angles than they did to take advantage of new security standards, object oriented standards, and PDO. This was no small task. The benefit is that I now understand the code, which means I can help YOU understand the code and get the most out of it. The documentation section in the menu gives you a little taste of that.

With all this said, if you are itching to get started, don't hesitate to get started with a project using UserSpice 3...especially 3.1.x. I'd encourage you to use the classes that are provided as they are the best way to make sure things don't break.

There will be a tool to migrate your database from 2.x and 3.x to 4.x and I'm committed to helping you learn how to convert your project, so code away on version 3 and we'll figure out the best way to get you to version 4. S

Some sort of release will happen on or before February 7, 2016. Whether that is Alpha or Beta remains to be seen.

A note about UserSpice 4
Posted by: mudmin - 01-28-2016, 04:18 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - No Replies

I probably should have said this earlier, but UserSpice 4 is not going to LOOK much different than UserSpice 3 at launch. It will be more or less feature equivalent...in fact, there might be a few things missing at launch.

The big thing to know is that it's what's under the hood that counts. Everything is faster, more secure, and better written to be a platform that can take UserSpice (and your project) long into the future, but as far as it looks...you might not notice a difference.

Sure, the alternative login methods, 2 factor, cool dashboards will come...and hopefully quickly, but in the beginning it will have these big advantages over its predecessor:

1. It will more completely fulfill the "get out of the way" file structure and database interactions that I've always dreamed of with UserSpice. Your root folder will be a clean place to get to work.

2. The documentation will be better. To be fully honest, when I started UserSpice 4, I didn't even truly understand how some of the functions and permissions were working under the hood. I had to completely reverse engineer the codebase of UserCake/UserSpice in order to figure out what the heck was going on. I had to attack problems from completely different angles than they did to take advantage of new security standards, object oriented standards, and PDO. This was no small task. The benefit is that I now understand the code, which means I can help YOU understand the code and get the most out of it. The documentation section in the menu gives you a little taste of that.

With all this said, if you are itching to get started, don't hesitate to get started with a project using UserSpice 3...especially 3.1.x. I'd encourage you to use the classes that are provided as they are the best way to make sure things don't break.

There will be a tool to migrate your database from 2.x and 3.x to 4.x and I'm committed to helping you learn how to convert your project, so code away on version 3 and we'll figure out the best way to get you to version 4. S

Some sort of release will happen on or before February 7, 2016. Whether that is Alpha or Beta remains to be seen.

Digging the new Input Class
Posted by: mudmin - 01-27-2016, 11:20 PM - Forum: Documentation - No Replies

I'm really digging the input class. I need to roll a change out to version 3.x, but basically instead of doing something like

Code:
$permission = ($_POST['name']);

you can do

Code:
$permission = Input::get('name');

And it grabs the get OR post input and completely sanitizes it with this...
Code:
return trim(htmlentities($string, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'));

That's a ton of functionality with one slight change to grabbing your inputs. And it's available to everyone using UserSpice 3.1.1 or later.

Formatting issue
Posted by: fly476 - 01-27-2016, 08:29 PM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - Replies (7)

Question..

oOn the index.php file, you have by default commented out the left-nav sidebar.

When I un-comment it, to add the left navbarto my site, the formatting is off. The main content gets cut off, as if the nav bar seems to be placed on top of the main content. I assume this is a container class issue with bootsrtap.

I have played with the DIV's and containers, but can't find a way to re-center the content from the right edge of the nav bar.

Thanks Again,

Initial landing page after login
Posted by: fly476 - 01-27-2016, 04:40 PM - Forum: Documentation - Replies (4)

is there a way to set the page users land on when they initially log in? Currently when a user logs in it takes them to the account info page.