The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/portal.php 39 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,007
» Latest member: kavitasinghji
» Forum threads: 1,324
» Forum posts: 7,788

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 206 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 204 Guest(s)
Bing, Yandex

Latest Threads
UserSpice 4.4 Development
Forum: News Center
Last Post: ehc.ankur
11-10-2021, 10:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 15,199
How to use hasPerm
Forum: UserSpice 4.4
Last Post: mudmin
07-20-2019, 02:45 PM
» Views: 13,755
Session issue? What I sho...
Last Post: Parth
07-17-2019, 05:06 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 14,502
Email Error
Last Post: Brandin
07-17-2019, 04:47 PM
» Views: 6,623
{ Missing Text } after up...
07-16-2019, 04:23 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 53,638
Best Practice Info
Forum: New to UserSpice?
07-16-2019, 11:55 AM
» Views: 13,490
Force to use 2FA -always-
07-12-2019, 12:43 PM
» Views: 6,636
e-mail not verifying
Last Post: LBC
07-10-2019, 11:34 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 76,232
changes to navigation.php...
07-07-2019, 10:46 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,331
Duplicated files in /user...
07-07-2019, 10:44 AM
» Views: 6,582

NEW Documentation Pages
Posted by: mudmin - 01-15-2016, 10:50 PM - Forum: Documentation - No Replies

I've struggled a little bit with how to document UserSpice. Many of the new classes were designed/inspired by the courses at PHP Academy now CodeCourse. As such, I've decided to make documentation a 3 part system.

The documentation pages can be found at the top menu of the site and they contain.
1. A video of the software being written or explained either by me or by Alex from PHP Academy.
2. Usage examples. (Hopefully) very clear examples of how to use the most important functions and methods.
3. When necessary, a posting of the code itself for easy access.

I hope this helps and I'll be documenting classes as quickly as possible. Feedback is always appreciated.

FreeOTP
Posted by: jehon - 01-13-2016, 10:29 AM - Forum: UserSpice 5 - Roadmapping the Future - Replies (1)

Hello,

I would like to have a FreeOTP compatible authentication (see here: https://fedorahosted.org/freeotp/)

This authentication is very similar to the cookie authentication, except that the informations are stored in an external (mobile) device:

Step 1 - configuration (once):
The application and the mobile exchange a "secret" (through a QR code)

Step 2 - login:
The mobile generate a pin code (ex: 8 chars) and this pin code is entered aside of the login and password.

This system is also used in google two step authentication.

UserSpice 3.1.0beta Released - Great stuff
Posted by: mudmin - 01-08-2016, 12:53 AM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (1)

I've started making a video series of how to install UserSpice and what you can do with it after it's installed (with inspiration from DaVar), and once I got in there, I quickly hit the limits of the older UserCake code base. It's very functional for UserSpice itself and all the user management, but you would never want to build your own classes on that stuff. It's definitely going to be replaced in the future, but for the time being, I'm trying to support existing UserCake users.

Sooo, I've released a beta version that still uses the original user management system but gives you a major upgrade in what you can do to build your project once UserSpice is installed. Check out the /classes folder to see all the classes and what's available. Also check out the functions in the /helpers folder. Here are some of my favorites...

Most importantly, you need to instantiate the DB class to use it. You can do that by typing

Code:
$db = DB::getInstance();

Personally, I love the preformatted var_dump function
Code:
dump($variable);

To insert into the database, you make an array of your fields then run the insert query, like this...

Code:
$fields=array('user_id'=>'$user_id', 'profile_pic'=>'dan.jpg'); //column_name=>entry
Code:
$db->insert('table_name',$fields);

To delete from the database it is tablename, selector, and value so something like...
Code:
$db->delete('users',array('id','=',4));

Updating is similar. Tablename, id and the same fields array
Code:
$db->update('camps',5,$fields);

Find All
Code:
$userQ = $db->findAll('camps');
Code:
$camps = $campQ->results(); //will give you a multidimensional array

Or you can just find the first
Code:
$first_camp = $campQ->first();

Frustrated with the classes? Just run a basic or bound query, like this...
Code:
$director_id = 1;
Code:
$query = $db->query("SELECT * FROM camps WHERE director_id = ?", array($director_id));
Code:
$x = $query->results();

All this stuff is sanitized etc for your protection.

I hope that helps in your development! Videos will be launching shortly to show this stuff in action.

Updating to UserSpice from UserCake
Posted by: DaVaR - 01-05-2016, 10:47 PM - Forum: Off-topic Discussions - Replies (1)

I had a thought that you might be interested in. I like your upgrade in 5 min video.

Well lets say I am using UserCake, and have been for a while. I have added a bunch of settings and maybe even removed some stuff. I see this much better platform that I know will be better for my site, but is it really worth putting all that time into it.

So with that said, how about a tutorial on how to make the transformation easier.

Just something to think about. Something that I am trying to keep in mind with my current build as well.

Keep up the good work! :-)

UserSpice 3.0.4 Released!
Posted by: mudmin - 01-05-2016, 12:00 AM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - Replies (14)

THANK YOU to all who helped with these bug fixes.

### 3.0.4 - 2016-01-04
### Changed
- Much appreciation to users DaVaR and Dylan
- Fixed headers already sent error that some users were experiencing
- Moved the recaptcha script back to the actual login and register files from the recaptcha.config.php file to avoid some errors.
- Made a few changes to the installer

SB Admin
Posted by: bungee - 12-31-2015, 04:17 PM - Forum: Modifications and Hackery - Replies (4)

Hello,
I have no idea if this is the right subforum I'm posting this in, if not please tell me.
Anyway; I was wondering how I can install SB Admin in UserSpice.

Cheers,
Ole

We want to hear from you!
Posted by: mudmin - 12-29-2015, 05:24 PM - Forum: UserSpice 5 - Roadmapping the Future - Replies (5)

I really want to hear where you would like to see UserSpice go in the future. This is definitely something I've been pondering as I've been talking to user DaVaR who has built UserApplePie and is moving to an MVC model.

Would you like to see UserSpice stick around and be a smaller, simpler user management system?
Would you like to see us join forces?
Other ideas?

UserSpice 3.0.3 Released!
Posted by: mudmin - 12-29-2015, 05:23 PM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - Replies (7)

Thanks to the help of many of you and your patience and feedback, UserSpice 3.0.3 is released to hopefully fix most of your bugs. Keep those bug reports and that feedback coming!

Howdy
Posted by: Jon - 12-19-2015, 01:02 PM - Forum: Off-topic Discussions - Replies (1)

Hey mudmin,
You asked for my email contact information on the usercake forums a while back... I don't want to post it openly, but I've just signed up here, so you should have it in your db. Feel free to get in touch.

Love the work you're doing here.

Cheers!
-Jon

UserSpice 2.5.6 Released
Posted by: mudmin - 12-15-2015, 06:30 PM - Forum: UserCake & UserSpice 2 - No Replies

A bug has been fixed in the reCAPTCHA. Everyone should update.