The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/portal.php 39 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,007
» Latest member: kavitasinghji
» Forum threads: 1,324
» Forum posts: 7,788

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 190 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 190 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
UserSpice 4.4 Development
Forum: News Center
Last Post: ehc.ankur
11-10-2021, 10:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 15,199
How to use hasPerm
Forum: UserSpice 4.4
Last Post: mudmin
07-20-2019, 02:45 PM
» Views: 13,755
Session issue? What I sho...
Last Post: Parth
07-17-2019, 05:06 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 14,502
Email Error
Last Post: Brandin
07-17-2019, 04:47 PM
» Views: 6,623
{ Missing Text } after up...
07-16-2019, 04:23 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 53,638
Best Practice Info
Forum: New to UserSpice?
07-16-2019, 11:55 AM
» Views: 13,490
Force to use 2FA -always-
07-12-2019, 12:43 PM
» Views: 6,636
e-mail not verifying
Last Post: LBC
07-10-2019, 11:34 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 76,232
changes to navigation.php...
07-07-2019, 10:46 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,331
Duplicated files in /user...
07-07-2019, 10:44 AM
» Views: 6,582

UserSpice 3.0.2 Released
Posted by: mudmin - 12-15-2015, 06:15 PM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - Replies (20)

There were some fairly significant code changes in version 3.0.2 and a fix of a reCAPTCHA bug. It's recommended that everyone upgrade to 3.0.2.

### 3.0.2 - 2015-12-15
### Changed
- Removed the sidebar for better responsive design
- Created a simple/responsive account-nav.php menu that will be prettier in the next version.
- Moved all important settings to settings.php (DB, Captcha, Stripe, Copyright Message) - Thanks DaVaR for the idea
- Created a homepage on index.php to point new users in the right direction
- Restyled error and success messages - Thanks to DaVar
- Fixed reCAPTCHA bypass bug caused by my dumb mistake. Better reCAPTCHA success/fail statements coming
* Better default permissions will come with the next version, so make sure to set your permission levels for each page

Why are there random tags throughout the code
Posted by: mudmin - 12-12-2015, 04:35 PM - Forum: Documentation - No Replies

Because UserSpice is more of a kickstarter and is not here to determine your design language, it's really important that we maintain full compatibility with bootstrap. Sure the CSS could be edited directly, but then if you drag and drop other bootstrap CSS files, it could break the design of the site. Or, we could put things in custom CSS files, but then we would be changing ids and classes that the SB Admin theme originally called for. This way, our changes to CSS are only done when absolutely necessary and most importantly, they're obvious. You can find all the style tags quickly and get rid of them if you choose.

How do I install UserSpice
Posted by: mudmin - 12-11-2015, 08:35 PM - Forum: Documentation - Replies (8)

Each version of UserSpice is different as we are migrating farther and farther from the original UserCake code base. Be sure to check the archive you downloaded for a file called _instructions.txt for full install and upgrade instructions. Notice there is also an _if_install_fails.txt to allow you to manually install UserSpice should the auto installer fail.

How do I create my own pages?
Posted by: mudmin - 12-11-2015, 08:32 PM - Forum: Documentation - Replies (1)

UserSpice works with pretty much any page you put in your main site folder, but we've created some easy templates to make things easier for you. In the /blank_pages folder there are plenty of examples you can dump in to your root folder and modify to your heart's content.

Notes About Pasting Code
Posted by: mudmin - 12-11-2015, 08:31 PM - Forum: Documentation - No Replies

For security purposes, the forum may strip some dangerous tags. To prevent this and still be able to paste code, it's often easier to go back and highlight your code one line at a time and hit the "code" button. We're working on a better way to handle this, but this works fine for snippets.

How do I protect my forms
Posted by: mudmin - 12-11-2015, 08:24 PM - Forum: Documentation - No Replies

By default, strings are escaped from our form inputs. This will only get stronger as we transition over to PDO.

We use a special Token system to prevent Cross Site Request Attack Forgery on your forms. This is a two step process.

Step 1: Add this check to your $_POST submission:

Code:
$token = $_POST['csrf'];
Code:
if(!Token::check($token)){
Code:
die('Token doesn\'t match!');
Code:
}

Step 2: Add this "hidden field" to your form before the submit button

If the form is in html, add this:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="csrf" value="<?=Token::generate();?>" >

If your form is a long echo of php, you need to break your php and enter the field this way:
Code:
";
Code:
?>
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="csrf" value="<?=Token::generate();?>" ></strong>
Code:
<?php echo "

How do I secure a page I created?
Posted by: mudmin - 12-11-2015, 08:22 PM - Forum: Documentation - No Replies

It's easy! Make sure you go to Admin Pages and set your page as Private and check the boxes for each access level you want to be able to access the page. If you created the page with something other than one of our templates, make sure you add these two lines of PHP code towards the top of your page.

<pre>

Code:
<br><strong>require_once("models/config.php");<br>
if (!securePage($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])){die();}</p></strong>
</pre>

UserSpice 3.0.1 Released! Bugfixes
Posted by: mudmin - 12-11-2015, 12:03 AM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - Replies (8)

### 3.0.1 - 2015-12-10
### Changed
- Fixed some bugs in the installer with thanks to Zach for the help
- Moved some code from db-settings.php back to config.php. There are now two config.php files (one is a class). That will change.
- Created documentation and a method for installing for users whose installation fails.
- Updated the install file slightly to explain the process a bit more. Full overhaul coming soon.

I always get a little worried...
Posted by: supertony - 12-10-2015, 10:38 AM - Forum: Off-topic Discussions - Replies (3)

When choosing software new software to put in a 'production' (if you will) environment. It's not that I don't do it very often, because I (used too anyways, but I am slowing curbing that habit) do it frequently. The real issue is my first experience with the software during my r&d honeymoon phase.

So no shit, there I was (or here I am) looking to build some software from scratch because 'boxed' software has gotten to big, to messy, to out of control and it tries to do too damn much which makes is overly complex (a la the Microsoft stack (or whatever is your bane(sp?))). I don't always have the time, resources, patience or brains for that matter to do everything myself from scratch. So, I decided (can you start a sentence with 'so'?) to build a project (lamp stack) from the ground up and I need a user manager. I might need a fancy schmancy reporting module at some point but I am going to see if I can make it without one. After 5 minutes of searching (so much for r&d) I ended up here. Actually I was on something called cake or frosting or something but regardless.

Here are my first worries...

The new account activation from this site was in my spam folder... which I assume is just from doing some funky MX handling or routing through a personal email account. No biggie I guess.

The first time I tried to set the password it didn't work (maybe user error, it's like 5am here)

When I set the password (the first time that it didn't work) I went back and used the same link in the email and it let me do it again? Does that link reset my password indefinately. <- why does that word have a red squiggly underline under it when it was the suggested spellcheck option?

Who's on first?

not a lot of posts:
- That's okay I can fix that myself, because I plan on posting (bitching about life and software) here 2-3 times a week, even if I am only talking to myself.

I will probably install this UserManager over the weekend and see how it goes...

-T

UserSpice 3.0 Released!
Posted by: mudmin - 12-09-2015, 07:11 PM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - Replies (2)

I just put out UserSpice 3. Feedback is appreciated.