The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/portal.php 39 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,007
» Latest member: kavitasinghji
» Forum threads: 1,324
» Forum posts: 7,788

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 217 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 214 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google

Latest Threads
UserSpice 4.4 Development
Forum: News Center
Last Post: ehc.ankur
11-10-2021, 10:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 15,199
How to use hasPerm
Forum: UserSpice 4.4
Last Post: mudmin
07-20-2019, 02:45 PM
» Views: 13,755
Session issue? What I sho...
Last Post: Parth
07-17-2019, 05:06 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 14,502
Email Error
Last Post: Brandin
07-17-2019, 04:47 PM
» Views: 6,623
{ Missing Text } after up...
07-16-2019, 04:23 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 53,638
Best Practice Info
Forum: New to UserSpice?
07-16-2019, 11:55 AM
» Views: 13,490
Force to use 2FA -always-
07-12-2019, 12:43 PM
» Views: 6,636
e-mail not verifying
Last Post: LBC
07-10-2019, 11:34 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 76,232
changes to navigation.php...
07-07-2019, 10:46 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,331
Duplicated files in /user...
07-07-2019, 10:44 AM
» Views: 6,582

errors on login error messages
Posted by: john - 03-12-2016, 05:46 AM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (5)

I accidentally clicked login with blank username and password and noticed error messages were returned with just the word 'Array'.
In login.php, seems like the $error_message when validation failed should be using $validation->display_errors() instead of parsing and compiling the message.

Encoding
Posted by: Desmod - 03-08-2016, 09:17 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (2)

Hi!
First of all, thank you for your mission!

I've just deployed UserSpice4 and walked through the features. Still cannot figure out how to resolve the encoding problem. As soon as I save settings in a cyrillic charset (for instance, Russian characters) the input is being saved as quotation marks into the database, though the database is set to use utf8_general_ci (as it was with UserSpice 3.x)
The web server settings are the same as they were with UserSpice 3.x
I also checked the web browser (Chrome) - it reconginzes the page encoding as UTF8 .
Could you please advise me the right direction in this problem resolution?
Thank you in advance!

Node.js
Posted by: astropos - 02-29-2016, 12:55 PM - Forum: Modifications and Hackery - Replies (5)

Perhaps a little toward OT but it's something that I'd like to get working.

Node.js is a serverside Javascript runtime.
It provides realtime communications via websockets. For my UserSpice projects, I'd like to be able to add realtime chat and/or other services via node.

I only want logged-in UserSpice users to have access to the Node services.

I'm going to start by sending a flag from USerSPice to say that the user is logged in.
I'll check this on the Node side and choose to allow access.
This is is a bit rough and easily spoofed.

It would be better to log-in to the Node server at the same time as USerSpice, using the same credentials against the same database.

Anyway, I'll just leave this here Smile

US4 Include Classes
Posted by: brian - 02-24-2016, 09:44 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (25)

I have a php script handler for some jQuery code, and the script handler at the moment is just a plain old file with minimal php for processing. How would I go about including the Userspice classes, aside from require_once a bunch of times in my own form of header file?

Adding Folders to Permission Handler
Posted by: brian - 02-24-2016, 01:54 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (7)

Is it possible to add folders which are scanned for permission handling? I can see that it searches / and /user/ (no subdirectories). I wanted to create a folder /binc in the root and have the ability to manage permissions on the pages there.

Problems with install
Posted by: kymo1970 - 02-24-2016, 03:22 AM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (11)

Hello,

I just downloaded 4.0 and am having problems. I am using chrome browser with windows ten. I got through the install process and had some errors on two path names but managed to get those fixed now I am getting errors on the bootstrap.

Fatal error: Class 'Cookie' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\UserSpice4.0.0\core\init.php on line 70

I went through the init.php file can not figure out what is wrong. I commented those lines out and got the same error for the DB class.

I proceeded to download 3.3 and it seems to work fine. Any help would be great.

Thanks James Eyrich

UserSpice 3.3.0 Released!
Posted by: mudmin - 02-22-2016, 05:45 PM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - Replies (3)

Again, with major work from Astrpos, UserSpice 3.3.0 is available. Note that it is NOT (yet) a direct upgrade from UserSpice 3.2. There is an additional database table that is going to take a manual upgrade.

This is a very, very nice release and in a lot of ways, US4 will have to play catch up to get some of this functionality.

With this release (and the fact that there US3 is very much alive and well), the idea is that if you want to build procedural php projects, this is a very fine platform on which to do it. Now that UserSpice 4 is released, the idea is that if you're choosing to build on this platform, you are choosing to stay on this platform. I can't guarantee that every single version of US3 will get an upgrade path to US4.

I guess the moral of the story is to pick a platform you like and enjoy it!

Powertools
Posted by: astropos - 02-21-2016, 12:23 PM - Forum: Modifications and Hackery - No Replies

A thread for odd and useful things that people might want to use in their UserSpice projects.

Here are some to start:

Star Trek LCARS CSS - US4 lets you split the front end css from the main site so this may have legs.
https://github.com/Garrett-/lcars

MonsterID Avatars - Originally started as a fallback to Gravatar
http://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2007-01/2...r_fallback

jQuery edit in place plugin - Uses AJAX to allow in-page editing.
http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/jeditable

tcpdf - Generate PDFs with php
http://www.tcpdf.org/

4.0.0c Download Missing?
Posted by: brian - 02-20-2016, 03:01 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (1)

I tried to download, but it appears to be missing, 404.

Does anyone have a quality mouse recommendation?
Posted by: mudmin - 02-19-2016, 09:50 PM - Forum: Off-topic Discussions - Replies (5)

I haven't been mouse shopping in years and I'm not loving the options out there. I'm looking for a quality mouse for someone with relatively large hands. I bought the Logitech MX Master, but it has some weird scrolling. I miss the days of my Microsoft Intellimouse.