The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/portal.php 39 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,007
» Latest member: kavitasinghji
» Forum threads: 1,324
» Forum posts: 7,788

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 256 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 254 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook

Latest Threads
UserSpice 4.4 Development
Forum: News Center
Last Post: ehc.ankur
11-10-2021, 10:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 15,199
How to use hasPerm
Forum: UserSpice 4.4
Last Post: mudmin
07-20-2019, 02:45 PM
» Views: 13,755
Session issue? What I sho...
Last Post: Parth
07-17-2019, 05:06 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 14,502
Email Error
Last Post: Brandin
07-17-2019, 04:47 PM
» Views: 6,623
{ Missing Text } after up...
07-16-2019, 04:23 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 53,638
Best Practice Info
Forum: New to UserSpice?
07-16-2019, 11:55 AM
» Views: 13,490
Force to use 2FA -always-
07-12-2019, 12:43 PM
» Views: 6,636
e-mail not verifying
Last Post: LBC
07-10-2019, 11:34 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 76,232
changes to navigation.php...
07-07-2019, 10:46 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,331
Duplicated files in /user...
07-07-2019, 10:44 AM
» Views: 6,582

Major screw up...
Posted by: mudmin - 02-19-2016, 06:44 PM - Forum: Modifications and Hackery - Replies (2)

It appears that some credentials were released in versions 3.1.x to 3.2.x for an email account. It was bound to happen at some point. It doesn't appear to be a hack as much as an opportunistic user. They definitely ran up some server bills, which kind of sucks as this is a completely free project. We've also suffered some script kiddie level dDOS attempts. Maybe we ticked off one of the other UserCake clones. haha.

Since the credentials came from our server we do have ip logs of the downloads and the logins to our mailing app, so we might actually figure out who it is, depending on how vpn-aware the person was. I'm not out for blood, it's just annoying.

Grids
Posted by: astropos - 02-19-2016, 06:01 PM - Forum: Modifications and Hackery - Replies (9)

Bootstrap Grid - Docs

It's far less forgiving than XHTML, if you play by the rules it will truly sing to you.

I pulled out some main points from the link above:

Where I refer to row, this is a div with class of row <div class="row">.
A column, is a div inside a row that may have one or more special Bootstrap classes to control it's width.

1. Rows must be placed within a .container (fixed-width) or .container-fluid (full-width).
The outermost wrapper of your site. You cannot nest container or container-fluid.

2. No Cols in cols. Use rows to create horizontal groups of columns. Only columns may be immediate children of rows.
A row must contain columns. If you need to split a column, use another row inside the column and then add further columns.

3. The number 12. The number of columns in every row must add up to 12. (! I know!)
This is where those col-*-* classes come into play.
You can specify multiple column classes that dictate how that column will behave across differing device sizes.

A common example is 3 columns of content - mostly centered, and a pleasing width on wide devices.
For mobile, it's desirable to have the content stack vertically.
Bootstrap provides this with the row and col rules.

<div class="container">

<div class="row">

<div class="col-xs-12 col-md-4 col-lg-6">
Left becomes top
</div>

<div class="col-xs-6 col-md-4 col-lg-3">
Small 1 becomes bottom left
</div>

<div class="col-xs-6 col-md-4 col-lg-3">
Small 2 becomes bottom right
</div>

</div>

</div>

eta, indenting courtesy of the forum software Wink

Admin Panel Horizontal Scroll Bar
Posted by: brian - 02-18-2016, 02:10 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (20)

Not a major annoyance, but there is something that forces the horizontal scroll bar to appear unnecessarily in the Admin Panel. Obviously low priority, but a minor annoyance.

3.x crew
Posted by: astropos - 02-18-2016, 10:12 AM - Forum: New to UserSpice? - No Replies

Evening all, Astropos here.

South coast UK, Ubuntu & EC2

I've got masses of ideas and GBs of projects that could never go 'outside the wire' until now.

Thanks UserSpice!

UserSpice World Headquarters
Posted by: mudmin - 02-18-2016, 03:01 AM - Forum: New to UserSpice? - Replies (3)

Is a closet in Alaska. At least it's a very tech friendly closet. I call it the "cloffice." [Image: cloffice.jpg]

UserSpice 3 to 4 update tool available, but...
Posted by: mudmin - 02-18-2016, 12:45 AM - Forum: UserSpice 3 - No Replies

There is a tool to update UserSpice 3 to UserSpice 4, but that doesn't mean it's the end of the line for UserSpice 3. In fact, there's a new release coming out soon that will bring some advanced features to the admin table that aren't even available to UserSpice 4 users. It's going to be some leapfrogging for the next couple of months I'm sure. UserSpice 3 still has a lot of fans and there are people who will still want to build on it.

The good news is that you have a choice. If you want to upgrade later, you can. Check out this page if you are considering upgrading. http://www.userspice.org/upgrading-from-...-x-to-4-0/

Block users
Posted by: Alex - 02-17-2016, 08:54 PM - Forum: UserSpice 5 - Roadmapping the Future - Replies (7)

I would like the ability to block users.

Loving Userspice
Posted by: Alex - 02-17-2016, 08:53 PM - Forum: New to UserSpice? - No Replies

I wanted to thank you so much for developing UserSpice. It has been really simple to work with and the documentation is great. I'm building a few internal projects and it has saved me a ton of time.

How to report a bug...
Posted by: mudmin - 02-16-2016, 10:14 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - No Replies

We don't get our feelings hurt if you find a bug. We appreciate you taking the time to report it. Here's how you can help.

1. Give a general description of the problem.
2. If you know the cause, say that too!
3. Tell us what version of UserSpice you're using.
4. If applicable, tell us what kind of server you're on.
5. If you don't know some of this info, at least try to give us step by step directions on how to recreate the issue you had.

Kudos
Posted by: brian - 02-16-2016, 06:22 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (1)

Nicely done with the User/Group Permissions handling interface in US4. Intuitive and clean. Great job!

Is this where you want us to file bug reports? I'm assuming you aren't too formal, but for others to see what is filed may help prevent you having to deal with duplicates. I'm not a fan of having to fill out a "formal bug report form" with a login and everything unless that is the only option, which I hope it isn't.