The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/portal.php 39 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,007
» Latest member: kavitasinghji
» Forum threads: 1,324
» Forum posts: 7,788

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 241 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 240 Guest(s)
Facebook

Latest Threads
UserSpice 4.4 Development
Forum: News Center
Last Post: ehc.ankur
11-10-2021, 10:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 15,199
How to use hasPerm
Forum: UserSpice 4.4
Last Post: mudmin
07-20-2019, 02:45 PM
» Views: 13,755
Session issue? What I sho...
Last Post: Parth
07-17-2019, 05:06 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 14,502
Email Error
Last Post: Brandin
07-17-2019, 04:47 PM
» Views: 6,623
{ Missing Text } after up...
07-16-2019, 04:23 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 53,638
Best Practice Info
Forum: New to UserSpice?
07-16-2019, 11:55 AM
» Views: 13,490
Force to use 2FA -always-
07-12-2019, 12:43 PM
» Views: 6,636
e-mail not verifying
Last Post: LBC
07-10-2019, 11:34 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 76,232
changes to navigation.php...
07-07-2019, 10:46 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,331
Duplicated files in /user...
07-07-2019, 10:44 AM
» Views: 6,582

init.php is messed up?
Posted by: strykerx - 05-13-2016, 04:29 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (2)

I installed userspice and got it all integrated to my site. But then I bought a new domain name and now my site doesn't load past core/init.php which looks like this:

Quote:<?php
session_start();

function env($type='server'){
if($type == 'server'){
if($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] == 'localhost'){
return $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].

I don't know much php, but that looks incomplete. What is init.php supposed to look like? How can I fix this.

installing on web server
Posted by: darthspongebob - 05-12-2016, 07:45 AM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (3)

Hey guys
So i installed user spice 4 on my local machine with xampp and everything worked fine, but I can't for the life of me work out how to install it on my live website. i upload the zip and extract it in a directory just the same, but every time i go to the url i extract userspice to (site.com/userspice) i just get a 403 forbidden

UserSpice 4.1 Alpha 4 Released. MAJOR Update
Posted by: mudmin - 05-12-2016, 12:41 AM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - No Replies

5/11/2016 - UserSpice 4.1 Alpha 4 - This is a MAJOR update. There is a lot going on under the hood to help deal with compatibility issues. Every server is configured differently and that's a royal pain when you're distributing a PHP application. Brian was hard at work tracking down issues in the forums and he did a ton of compatibility fixes. He painstakingly tested and debugged UserSpice in the following configurations. He went through the pain so you (and I) didn't have to. Major props.

IIS+PHP 5.6+Mysql 5.6 and up
WAMP 2.5
WAMP 3
nginx+PHP 7.0.4+Mysql 5.6 and up
XAMPP 5.6.20
MariaDB in place of Mysql in above scenarios
LAMP with Mysql 5.6

Overall, the code is cleaner and smaller. Yes. UserSpice 4.1 Alpha 4 is 2/3 smaller than Alpha 3 (and 4.0). How? We ditched Composer. No one in the forums was using it, so we got rid of the heft. We'll offer a standalone download to add it back if you want it, but now the entire package weighs in at a svelte 1.1mb down from 3.1. That's serious. The code itself is mean and lean and ready for you to test out. As always, please give us feedback and throw Brian a shout out in the forums.

UserSpice Stable (Standard?) and UserSpice Pro
Posted by: JamJar - 05-10-2016, 02:19 AM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (21)

Hello all,

As ever, your here/now and future development plans for UserSpice are fantastic - many thanks to you and the whole team.

From a personal point of view, I'm especially keen on your 2 model approach, with the "stable" ("Standard"?) version being of particular interest to me - as stable user management and security are my key drivers - as is the simplicity of adding UserSpice to existing projects.

In regard to features;

1. Allow users to login via their usernames or email addresses - with the option of choosing which.

2. Allow users to login via their social media authentication details - facebook and twitter as a minimum.

3. Multi tenancy architecture - to allow multiple companies/users to reside in the same set of UserSpice database tables, will require companyid column or similar.

Thanks again for all your dedication

Jamie

private page cant redirect to login page
Posted by: snifer999 - 05-05-2016, 12:17 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (5)

when trying to view private page without login there is a error
Fatal error: Call to undefined function env() in /home/../../users/helpers/us_helpers.php on line 353

UserSpice 4.1
Posted by: mudmin - 05-03-2016, 01:35 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - No Replies

We are looking for as much feedback as possible as we look towards a UserSpice 4.1 release.

We have a MASSIVE list of things that have been tweaked and changed. Most of these things are little tweaks to make UserSpice more usable and flexible. Here are some highlights.

- Composer (which makes up 3/4 of UserSpice's size and 90{3bc1fe685386cc4c3ab89a3f76566d8931e181ad17f08aed9ad73b30bf28114d} of the files) is probably going away in favor of a simpler approach to its features. Of course, you can always install it yourself, but only a very tiny minority of people are using it.

- We have provided some VERY cool tools which allow you to make code changes that will not be overwritten by our updates.

- The biggest change, however, regards updates. The development team (yeah, we're a team now!) really sees UserSpice as a fantastic tool for application development. We want people to continue to develop on UserSpice and know that it's going to be stable and secure. As such we're moving to a two level model.

There will essentially be a "stable" (the name will be decided later) release where you KNOW that you can develop on it and we're not going to muck with it. You will get bug fixes. You will get security updates, but you won't get this constant barrage of new features as we try to make the system better. You won't have to go on the roller coaster ride of development with us. Every 6 months or so we'll release an upgrade if you want to go to the next "stable release" or you can stay where you're at knowing that we'll offer security updates as they come out.

There will also be a pro version...which unlike most pro versions, will still be FREE. However, you'll get the latest and greatest updates and features as they come out.

So, the big question is...what's really important to YOU when it comes to UserSpice? What do YOU want to see in the future?

Validating Password (while already logged on)
Posted by: irynet - 04-16-2016, 01:21 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (3)

Hi, Loving UserSpice thank you so much for your time and effort.

I have a website that Ive built around UserSpice and it requires a users password to be confirmed to complete a certain action (part of a form) Even when user is already logged on. an added security measure for this particular action

Ive tried ripping the login script to find the correct logic and even though I can confirm the users has entered the correct password Im unable to pass any of the $_POST variable through the form. I suspect Its something to do with the validation Class, but I just need a point in the right direction.

Am I going about this all wrong? Is there a better way of doing this? Your help is appreciated.

Im a bit of a novice on a sharp learning curve here

Downloads are infected?
Posted by: arkroan - 04-15-2016, 10:38 AM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (6)

Hello, I only came across this project today and I wanted to have a look and see how it works.

I have tried to download Userspice ver 4.0f but my avast antivirus reports it as infected with a Trojan.
The same happened when I tried to download it through github.

Could this be a false positive?

Then on second try, the download seems to be unavailable.

I am looking forward to downloading and checking this out. PLease do let me know when it is fixed again.

Unable To Register On New Install
Posted by: Axelrod - 04-14-2016, 06:09 AM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (23)

After submitting the information on the registration page I am simply redirected to a page that says:
There was a problem creating an account.

No display errors (turned on in php.ini) or anything in Console. Any ideas on where to go from here?

Don't Touch the Core
Posted by: mudmin - 04-11-2016, 09:29 PM - Forum: UserSpice 4.3 and Below - Replies (2)

One of the things that can help make UserSpice more upgradeable is if we can resist touching the core files that are inside of the users folder. Thanks to a suggestion by AstroPos, I made a little snippet inside the userspice header that basically lets you customize userspice files where they won't be overwritten by updates. The feature will be fleshed out over time, but the gist of the way it works is:

Say you want to mod or create your own account.php instead of the one userspice uses.

Put YOUR account.php in the custom folder. When any link sends you to our account.php file, it will automatically redirect to yours if it exists. We're going to overhaul and simplify the headers and the menus before officially releasing 4.1, but you can play with it and watch the feature develop in UserSpice 4.1 Alpha 2 and later.